During 2019, with the support of our generous donors, B4U-ACT has:
- Held a one-day workshop on “Compassionate and Informed Approaches for Supporting Minor-Attracted People,” highlighting three therapeutic models: Compassion-Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and the Berlin Dissexuality Therapy (Dunkelfeld) Program. The workshop was attended by 45 therapists, researchers, graduate students, and MAPs.
- Held twelve teleconferences on therapy for MAPs, attended by therapists, researchers, graduate students, and MAPs.
- Collaborated with researchers on seven studies on the mental health of MAPs, by assisting them in the development of their research foci, interview protocols, and/or survey questions, and/or by recruiting subjects for their studies.
- Established an email group for researchers who study mental health issues of MAPs. The group currently consists of 36 members.
- Increased the number of therapists on our referral list, and continued to refer MAPs to them.
- Began work on a review of the Berlin Dissexuality Therapy program and a document on sexual health for MAPs.
- Continued its two online support groups: one for MAPs and one for friends and family members of MAPs