Ongoing since October 2017, the “Dialog on Therapy” is a monthly discussion about meeting the mental health needs of MAPs. B4U-ACT has developed a brief guide and held several workshops on this topic. We also maintain a growing list of therapists who offer therapy in line with our guide. The “Dialog on Therapy” discussion group delves more deeply into this and related topics.
We meet once a month for an hour by online video/audio conferencing. Like our workshops, the group includes mental health and sexuality professionals, researchers, educators, students, MAPs, their family members and friends, and others who have a stake in this topic. Our goals are to gain an understanding of:
- MAPs’ experiences with therapy
- what MAPs might look for in therapy
- possible goals and approaches for therapy
- issues MAPs face in their lives that are relevant to therapy
- educating therapists
- concerns therapists and others may have about therapy, and how they might be addressed
- how recommendations for therapy may be developed and implemented
- how therapists might publicize their services for MAPs
The dialog meets on the first Saturday of most months at 11:00 am North American Eastern Time. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in joining the discussion.