- Saturday | October 7, 2017 to Saturday | June 2, 2018
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Via conference call
The September 30 registration deadline has passed, so no new registrations will be accepted for this discussion group, but we hope you’ll consider joining a future one.
The “Dialog on Therapy” is an ongoing discussion about approaches to psychotherapy for MAPs. B4U-ACT recently developed a brief guide and held a workshop on this topic. We’re also in the process of developing a list of therapists who offer therapy in line with our guide. The “Dialog on Therapy” discussion group delves more deeply into this topic.
We meet once a month for an hour by teleconference. Like our workshops, the group includes mental health and sexuality professionals, researchers, educators, students, MAPs, their family members and friends, and others who have a stake in this topic. Our subject matter includes B4U-ACT’s therapy guide and two already developed models for therapy. Our goals are to gain an understanding of:
- MAPs’ experiences with therapy
- what MAPs might look for in therapy
- concerns therapists and others may have about therapy, and how they might be addressed
- how recommendations for therapy may be developed and implemented
- how therapists might publicize their services for MAPs